Google+ Badge

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Great Britain: Spar recalls its Chicken Bites Snack Bags containing mold

Spar has recalled its ready-to-eat Chicken Bites Snack Bags because mould has been found in the product. The mould has resulted in spoilage of the product, which is therefore unfit for human consumption.
Mould does not usually cause food poisoning. However, we would advise against consuming visibly mouldy foods as some species can produce mycotoxins.
Product name: Spar Chicken Bites Snack Bags
Pack size: 56g
‘Use by’ date: all dates between 29 October 2015 and 5 November 2015, inclusive
Barcode: 5010358235318
No other Spar products are known to be affected.
Spar has recalled and displayed point-of-sale recall notices in stores. These notices explain to customers why the product is being recalled and tell them what actions to take if they have bought the product. A copy of the point-of-sale recall notice can be found below.
If you have bought this product, do not eat it. Instead, return it to the store from where it was bought for a full refund.


No comments:

Post a Comment